Camping La Grainetiere, La Flotte, Île de Ré, Poitou-Charentes, Charente-Maritime
- swimming pool complex – outdoors but can be covered when cool, beautifully clean, and safe enough to let little Lola run around in without worry
- restaurant, bar & shop, and speciality cuisine nights (the mussels were excellent)
- lovely big pitches under pine trees
- short bike ride to the lovely port of La Flotte
- great facilities (washing machines, etc.)
- everywhere else was a long cycle ride away, and despite some good tracks there were some fast roads to deal with too
- I can imagine it would be hard to get a pitch during peak season
- not exactly the real France that we know and love… a bit too much like another country – maybe a dutch version of France?!
- not much else
Campervanman star rating: 4.5/5
Address, long/lat: http://www.la-grainetiere.com/ Route de Saint-Marin Chemin des Essarts 17630 La Flotte en Ré. 46.187497, -1.344033.Google maps link.