VW T7 California Camper Concept
There’s a new classic in our midst – the VW California – and it’s an absolute beauty!
OK so it’s still a cramper but finally VW have designed something that takes inspiration from all the great design feature ideas out there in the #vanlife and custom camper build community.
The California Concept – a camper-special version of the new T7 Multivan – is packed with features that make it perfect for exploring the great outdoors, from a retractable awning and a pop-up roof to a kitchenette and a shower.
One of the most striking features of the California Concept is its sliding doors on both sides. This makes it easy to get in and out, even when parked in tight spaces. The doors also open up to create a large walk-through space, which is perfect for when you’re setting up camp.
The California Concept also comes with a triangular sun shade sail-type arrangement on the offside, and a proper awning on the nearside. These provide shade and shelter from the elements, so you can enjoy your time outdoors even when it’s hot or raining.
When it’s time to sleep, the California Concept’s pop-up roof reveals a double bed. There’s also a sofa bed in the rear, which can sleep two more people. And if you need to freshen up, there’s a shower that can be retracted from the water tank in the boot.
In addition to its sleeping and showering facilities, the California Concept also comes with a very clever slide-out kitchen in front of the sliding door.
The California Concept is still a concept car, so it’s not yet clear when it will go on sale or how much it will cost. However, it’s clear that it’s a very well-equipped camper van that would be perfect for anyone who loves exploring the great outdoors.
Here are some additional details about the California Concept:
- It is powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that produces 204 horsepower and 236 lb-ft of torque.
- It has a fuel economy of up to 37.2 mpg on the highway.
- It can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
- It comes standard with a variety of safety features, including automatic emergency braking, lane departure warning, and adaptive cruise control.
The California Concept is a significant upgrade over the previous generation of the California camper van. It’s more spacious, more comfortable, and more technologically advanced. If you’re looking for a luxurious and capable camper van, the California Concept is a great option.
Here are some of the features that make the California Concept so special:
- Sliding doors on both sides for easy access
- Triangular sun shade sail-type arrangement and proper awning for shade and shelter
- Pop-up roof with double bed
- Sofa bed in the rear
- Shower with retractable attachment
- Kitchenette with sink, stovetop, and fridge
- 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 204 horsepower and 236 lb-ft of torque
- Fuel economy of up to 37.2 mpg on the highway
- Towing capacity of 3,500 pounds
- Standard safety features, including automatic emergency braking, lane departure warning, and adaptive cruise control
The California Concept is a truly luxurious and capable camper van that is sure to turn heads wherever it goes. If you’re looking for a way to enjoy the great outdoors in style, the California Concept is a great option.
Check out Top Gear’s first view video below.